Held in place by file clips - one of the most useful things the cat always brings along on trips:
The cat has used them as/to/for...
- clothes peg
- money clip
- clip up holes in mozzie nets & leaking tarpaulin sheets
- hang mozzie nets (clip corner of net & hook metal loop part onto nail on wall)
- seal open packets of food
- hairclip (for ponytail, when really desperate)
- holder for Gilson/eppendorf/Nichipet brand micropipettes for cell & molecular biology work
- clip test tube racks of bacterial/yeast cultures to incubator shaker platforms
- hang posters up for display
- hold pieces of cloth together when sewing
Four silver & purple ones:
Novice/monk friends insist that it is the hallmark of the inexperienced (particularly city kids who ordain for only a short while) who have yet to master the art of folding & wearing the jiworn expertly. Perfectionist 'look Ma no clips!' SV can fold & wear his in a blink of an eye with nary a crease out of place.
Aki uses a large one to clip her zipper-less Akha shoulder bag close.
& some Thai college girls use it to keep belts clipped to the waistband of their uniform skirts so that it doesn't ride up when they bend & move about.